In these strange times that we are living in, it’s been so good in recent weeks to be able to welcome our staff and patients back to St Michael’s Orthodontics.
Of course, as restrictions relating to Covid 19 still apply, it’s far removed from business as usual but with adjustments to procedures and extra safety measure in place, we are confident we are able to make our patients’ visits to us as reassuring and safe as possible.
So, what can you expect in this ‘new normal’ at St Michael’s Orthodontics?
- Your treatment will be delivered by one of two designated professional, qualified clinical teams.
- You will receive a health check call 24-48 hours before your appointment.
- You will be asked to contact us from outside the building to let us know that you’ve arrived. When your clinical team is ready for you, we will escort you in.
- You will be asked to attend your appointment alone.
- Once inside, your temperature will be taken, you will be asked to sanitize your hands using alcohol gel and another health check for Covid symptoms will be carried out.
- We will be practicing social distancing at all times except while treatment is being carried out.
- After treatment you will be asked to re-sanitize your hands before leaving the treatment room and will be escorted out of the building.
These measures are being supported by rigorous cleaning procedures between each patient in treatment rooms and contact points along the route into and out of the building; a virtual reception service for arranging appointments and taking payments and the appropriate PPE – with strict processes for taking it on and off – for the treatment being provided.
Virtual appointments for retainer checks, initial assessments and treatment planning and appliance fitting are also being continued.
We appreciate that these new procedures will seem a bit strange at first but our fully trained staff are on hand to guide you through each step of the way. While you may not be able to see our own smiles behind the facemasks which have fast become part of normal life, you can be sure we remain committed to keeping your treatment on track to delivering your own healthy, beautiful smile.
By Catherine McCanny