CATHERINE McCanny was inspired to train as an orthodontist when she realised the difference straight teeth made to the physical and emotional well being of patients at the Wakefield clinic she shares with her dentist husband, Joe Hendron.
Passionate about patient care and ground breaking practices that delivered improved results she invested in her training to qualify and build up one of most respected all women run orthodontic clinics that has won multiple awards for best practice, patient care and innovative treatment.
Now the Wakefield based specialist has been invited to join a UK advisory board to help promote best practice, share ideas and encourage innovative methods.
The UK Invisalign Advisory Board has traditionally been male dominated but Dr McCanny, who founded and runs St Michael’s Orthodontics, Wakefield, has been invited to join as the number of female practitioners now equals that of men.
“More women have entered the profession which has brought with it an appreciation that women see things differently and can add real value when mentoring and sharing best practise,” she said.
“Having been in at the beginning of Invisalign and invisible braces I can share my early experiences and talk about how things have changed and the potential issues that orthodontists could face in their first cases,” she said.
“We are all trained in using fixed appliances and it is easy to stay in our comfort zone. However, I hope that by demonstrating how I have treated my patients with Invisalign that other colleagues will start to see the benefits of this system.”
For more information about St Michael’s Orthodontics, please go to http://www.stmichaelsorthodontics.co.uk http://invisiblebraces-yorkshire.co.uk
- St Michael’s Orthodontics – a team of skilled orthodontists led by Catherine McCanny – is based on Dewsbury Road, Wakefield.
- Dr Catherine McCanny has achieved Invisalign Platinum Elite Standard for both the quality of her work and the number of treatments she has performed
- Having graduated from Dental School at Queen’s University, Belfast in 1988, Catherine commenced her specialist training in Orthodontics at Leeds Dental Institute in 1993. She then teamed up with her now-husband, Joe, to build and develop St Michael’s Dental Practice and St Michael’s Orthodontics Ltd, which opened in 1998.
- More recently, Catherine – a member of the British Orthodontic Society – was delighted to win two awards in the 2018 Aesthetic Dentistry Awards.
- In 2015 St Michaels Orthodontics won three awards at the Aesthetic Dentistry Awards including ‘Best Team’.
Press release issued by: Carmel Harrison PR, The Plex, Margaret street, Wakefield. For further information, please contact Carmel Harrison on: 01924 632263. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org