ONE Yorkshire couple had more reason than many to smile on their big day as they showed off their dazzling new smiles, having had Invisalign treatment to straighten their teeth.
Sam and Vicki Shute were both patients at St Michaels Orthodontics, Wakefield, when they decided to take the plunge and have orthodontic treatment.
But rather than Vicki persuading Sam to have treatment, he was first to book his consultation with Dr Catherine McCanny, after seeing photos of himself at his brother’s wedding and deciding enough was enough.
“I was always aware that my teeth weren’t straight but seeing how pointed they were at the front on my brother’s wedding photos made me decide to do something about it,” said the business development manager from Sandal.
“Dr McCanny fitted Invisalign braces, which are almost invisible so I wasn’t conscious while I was having treatment and no one commented.”
Sam had almost completed his treatment and the pair were engaged when Vicki noticed how her teeth were moving.
“I was about 24 and my teeth had always been fairly straight but then my wisdom teeth came through and severely impacted the alignment of my bottom teeth. There wasn’t enough room and they started to collapse in. Being a teacher, I was more conscious of it in front of the pupils so I decided to get treatment.”
Dr McCanny of St Michael’s Orthodontic Ltd has treated nearly 500 patients with Invisalign since it launched 20 years ago but was delighted to treat a couple who were planning their big day. ‘It was a great feeling to be able to give this lovely young couple a fantastic new smile for their wedding day and be part of the whole plan. We were all so excited to see their wedding photographs’.
“Increasingly men are aware of their looks and how it affects their careers and confidence so I wasn’t surprised that Sam came along but it was really special to be treating his fiancée at the same time. The tricky part was timing the treatment so that the aligners came off for the big day. Sam’s treatment was finished while Vicki need some refinements after the wedding that were easy to schedule in,” said Dr McCanny.
“I’m just so delighted that we could do the treatment in time so they were both able to smile with confidence on their big day. Congratulations!”
Photography by Colin Powel
About St Michaels Orthodontics:
- St Michael’s Orthodontics – a team of skilled orthodontists led by Catherine McCanny – is based on Dewsbury Road, Wakefield.
- Having graduated from Dental School at Queen’s University, Belfast in 1988, Catherine commenced her specialist training in Orthodontics at Leeds Dental Institute in 1993. She then teamed up with her now-husband, Joe, to build and develop St Michael’s Dental Practice and St Michael’s Orthodontics Ltd, which opened in 1998.
- More recently, Catherine – a member of the British Orthodontic Society – was delighted to win three awards in the Aesthetic Dentistry Awards, including the ultimate accolade of Best Aesthetic Dentist 2013. This success was repeated in 2015, when the practice picked up a further three awards, including ‘Best Team’.
- Catherine McCanny is an Invisalign Elite Platinum Provider.
- For more information about St Michael’s Orthodontics, please go to http://www.stmichaelsorthodontics.co.uk
- Press Contact
- Press release issued by: Carmel Harrison PR, Unity Works, Wakefield. For further information, please contact Carmel Harrison on 01924 831114 or 07714 708 271. Alternatively, email Carmel at email@example.com