LEADING Yorkshire orthodontist, Dr Catherine McCanny Hendron has teamed up with two colleagues and a famous legal eagle to raise funds to support young girls rescued from trafficking and domestic violence in Nepal.
Dr McCanny will join fellow practitioners Martina Hodgson and Andrea Ubhi for a motivational day for fellow female orthodontists keen to build successful practices, with Marilyn Stowe offering legal and business advice.
Multi award winning Catherine was keen to get involved in the project having built her own successful practice, but understanding the barriers that women can often face. As the mother of two daughters and the founder of St Michael’s Orthodontic Practice, Wakefield, which is an all female team she was also determined to improve the lives of forgotten young girls.
“When we all met, we wanted to share our own experiences and expertise for the generation of female orthodontists coming through,” explained Catherine. “Women have a different perspective on orthodontics and now equal men in the number practising. Yet we have our own unique challenges,” she added.
“It’s a Woman Thing’ is an informal day at Hazelwood Castle on March 15, that will deliver real insight for orthodontists of the future, help them launch their own practices and help support a very worthwhile cause.”
Book Your Place Now
Places cost £150 each, include tea & coffee and lunch.
100% of the profit goes to Asha Nepal, caring for survivors of trafficking and severe violence in Kathmandu.
After the event, Andrea and Martina will be staying later for drinks and dinner. We would love for you to join us, so please let us know if you can! (Individual charges for after event drinks and dinner will apply).
About St Michaels Orthodontics:
- St Michael’s Orthodontics – a team of skilled orthodontists led by Catherine McCanny – is based on Dewsbury Road, Wakefield.
- Dr Catherine McCanny has achieved Invisalign Platinum Elite Standard for both the quality of her work and the number of treatments she has performed
- Having graduated from Dental School at Queen’s University, Belfast in 1988, Catherine commenced her specialist training in Orthodontics at Leeds Dental Institute in 1993. She then teamed up with her now-husband, Joe, to build and develop St Michael’s Dental Practice and St Michael’s Orthodontics Ltd, which opened in 1998.
- More recently, Catherine – a member of the British Orthodontic Society – was delighted to win three awards in the Aesthetic Dentistry Awards, including the ultimate accolade of Best Aesthetic Dentist 2013.
- In 2015, when St Michaels Orthodontics won three awards at the Aesthetic Dentistry Awards including ‘Best Team’.
- For more information about St Michael’s Orthodontics, please go to http://www.stmichaelsorthodontics.co.uk
- Press Contact
- Press release issued by: Carmel Harrison PR, The Plex, Margaret street, Wakefield. For further information, please contact Carmel Harrison on: 07714 708 271. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org