We gave patients a questionnaire to fill in whilst waiting for their appointments. The results are from forms that were completed correctly.
We used a selection of questions, each designed to ensure that anyone using the service feels that they are given the same opportunities, treated fairly and their needs are being met. Each question had the option ‘prefer not to answer’
- What is your sex?
- What was your age on your last birthday?
The results showed a fairly even cross section in gender, the largest percentage attending the practice were under 18 (72%).
- What language do you prefer to speak in?
- Do you need an interpreter or help to communicate?
96% of patients preferred language to communicate was English, of the 4% that selected another language as their preferred no one required the use of an interpreter. SMOL has a Translation Policy in place if required.
- Do you regard yourself as belonging to any particular religion?
- To which of the following groups do you consider you belong?
Some patients (24%) preferred not to answer the question, of those giving a response 72% answered Christian, Church of England and the remaining 28% said Muslim.
- Did you have any difficulty accessing the Dental Practice today?
No patients had problems accessing the service.
- Are your day-to-day activities limited because of a health problem or disability which has lasted or is expected to last at least 12 months?
- Do you have any of the following conditions lasting (or expected to last) 12 months or more?
- Deafness or severe hearing impairment
- Blindness or severe vision impairment
- A condition that limits one or more basic physical activities (such as walking climbing stairs, lifting or carrying)
- A learning difficulty (such as Down’s syndrome)
- A learning difficulty (such as dyslexia)
- A mental health condition (such as depression or schizophrenia)
- A chronic disease (such as cancer, HIV, diabetes, heart disease or epilepsy)
- Other please tell us
- Prefer not to answer
The majority of patients answered no to this question (92%). Those answering yes selected depression (4%) and asthma (4%) as ongoing health problems. The practice updates medical history forms every 6 months for routine patients, this ensures we have the latest health information available to the clinical staff providing care.
- Feedback – Please use this space to tell use any areas in which improvement can be made
‘Friendly welcoming staff, gave me an appointment while I was here’
‘Staff very polite. Tea/coffee machine, water dispenser’
After reviewing the answers given in the questionnaire no patients reported having any concerns about the way they were treated at the practice and no patients had problems with access. We do not feel any changes are required at the present time but we will continue to listen to patients’ feedback and make any changes should they become necessary. We will continue to work hard to ensure all patients and visitors to the practice feel their rights are being respected and their needs are being met.