ST MICHAEL’S Orthodontics are beaming with success after their specialist orthodontist Catherine McCanny snapped up two awards at the 2018 Aesthetic Dentistry Awards.
Catherine – who set-up St Michael’s Orthodontics in Dewsbury Road, Wakefield 20 years ago – won the two awards relating to the use of Invisalign plus the treatment of teenagers.
She had submitted two case studies, including photographs before, during and after treatment, showing how the work she had carried out improved the appearance of a 13 year-old boy with very crowded teeth plus highly prominent ‘fangs’ plus a 31-year-old woman who was really unhappy with the appearance of her teeth, especially on the top right.
The practice was also shortlisted for the Best Aesthetic Practice Award, recognising the practice as a centre of excellence and the hard work every team member brings to the patient experience. St Michael’s Orthodontics have previously secured wins at the Aesthetic Dentistry Awards in 2013 and 2015.
“I am delighted to receive the recognition that winning these awards brings. I tend to enter such events with no expectation of success, knowing what strong competition I’m up against and to come out on top is a welcome endorsement of the standard of service and outcomes we are delivering for our patients at St Michael’s Orthodontics,” commented Catherine.
“I view the awards very much as a team achievement as it’s the service we all provide that gets results.”
The Invisalign award entry outlined how Catherine used the clear, virtually invisible, aligner system which gently moves teeth into position, to treat a particularly challenging case.
“Invisalign was the only treatment the patient would have but the level of complexity involved saw us taking the use of the system to a totally new level. The patient was on board all the way and by going that extra mile over two years of treatment we achieved outstanding results. We would never have used Invisalign for such complex challenges several years ago but, in doing so, it has given me more confidence to treat more difficult cases with it in future,” said Catherine who also won the Aesthetic Dentistry Award for Invisalign in 2013 and 2015.
“A key factor in the successful outcomes of both case studies that we submitted for the awards was that the patients were willing to work with us. Our teenaged case study involved 27 months of treatment, combining twin block removable braces and fixed braces.
Both patients were extremely dedicated in working with me and as a result, they a had such a difference to their smile and self confidence.
- St Michael’s Orthodontics – a team of skilled orthodontists led by Catherine McCanny – is based on Dewsbury Road, Wakefield.
- Dr Catherine McCanny has achieved Invisalign Platinum Elite Standard for both the quality of her work and the number of treatments she has performed
- Having graduated from Dental School at Queen’s University, Belfast in 1988, Catherine commenced her specialist training in Orthodontics at Leeds Dental Institute in 1993. She then teamed up with her now-husband, Joe, to build and develop St Michael’s Dental Practice and St Michael’s Orthodontics Ltd, which opened in 1998.
- More recently, Catherine – a member of the British Orthodontic Society – was delighted to win two awards in the 2018 Aesthetic Dentistry Awards.
- In 2015 St Michaels Orthodontics won three awards at the Aesthetic Dentistry Awards including ‘Best Team’.
- For more information about St Michael’s Orthodontics, please go to http://www.stmichaelsorthodontics.co.uk http://invisiblebraces-yorkshire.co.uk
Press release issued by: Carmel Harrison PR, The Plex, Margaret street, Wakefield. For further information, please contact Carmel Harrison on: 01924 632263. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org