As a New Year begins and we are all looking to live healthier lifestyles, don’t forget how important it is to maintain a healthy mouth.
3 simple steps to improving your oral health:-
• Visit your dentist for regular check ups
• Brush your teeth for 3 minutes at least twice a day (and remember to floss in between your teeth)
• Cut down your sugar intake especially snacking between meals
If you are unhappy with how your teeth look, now is the time to seek advice from your orthodontist on how we can make your teeth look better.
There are many health benefits to straight teeth and these may include:-
• Simpler brushing: Crooked teeth are harder to clean, allowing food particles to get trapped in the crevices between the teeth. If plaque builds up this can lead to tooth decay, gum disease and bad breath.
• Healthier gums: When teeth are crooked, the gums can become irritated, inflamed and red. These characteristics not only look bad, but also are a warning sign of gum disease.
• Tooth function: Teeth and jaws that are misaligned can cause unequal pressure on some teeth leading to abnormal wear or gum recession.
• Improved speech: Sometimes the simple formation of sounds and the enunciation of words can be a challenge for those with very prominent teeth or with an open bite (i.e. no vertical overlap of the top & bottom teeth). If the teeth are put in a better position this may make it easier to produce the correct sounds correctly.
So, what are you waiting for?
Contact our team of experts today and make 2018 the year you transform your smile!
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our website: https://www.stmichaelsorthodontics.co.uk/ or www.invisiblebraces-yorkshire.co.uk