AN award-winning Wakefield Orthodontist, who runs a female only practice has been selected as a global ambassador for an international company.
Dr Catherine McCanny, specialist orthodontist at St Michael’s Orthodontics, Dewsbury Road, has been chosen as a clinical speaker and key opinion leader for Invisalign, thanks to her experience and expertise using the invisible brace system for complex cases. As the UK’s only second female Invisalign speaker, she wants to encourage more orthodontists to pick up the baton to help patients achieve straight teeth pain-free.
One of the most experienced Invisalign practitioners in the UK Catherine has helped 1000s of patients achieve a better smile without the need for surgery. It was this track record that won her Platinum Elite Status and prompted the company to invite her to share her knowledge with other orthodontists.
“Invisalign aligns patients’ teeth in an almost invisible way; it is a much more comfortable and efficient alternative to fixed braces. In even the most complex cases it has eradicated the need for surgery. Thanks to my experience with the treatment, I now use Invisalign for the most complex of cases,” said Dr McCanny.
“Due to my experience I’ve gone from using the Invisalign on 10 cases a year to now over 80 cases a year. Eventually, I hope to use Invisalign for 75 per cent of all my adult cases and share this conversion with other dentists and orthodontists through my new clinical speaker role.”
Catherine received her clinical speaker training in Amsterdam earlier this month and will start her new role in Birmingham on 3rd May.
This recent accolade follows her success at the 2018 Aesthetic Dentistry Awards where she snapped up two awards relating to the use of Invisalign plus the treatment of teenagers.
Catherine added: “I am extremely privileged and honoured to be chosen by Invisalign as a Clinical Speaker. This international treatment is globally recognised and I hope this showcases St Michael’s Orthodontics as a worldwide centre of excellence.
“I am excited to share my passion of the Invisalign system with my colleagues. We are all trained in using fixed appliances and it is easy to stay in our comfort zone. However, I hope that by demonstrating how I have treated my patients with Invisalign that other colleagues will start to see the benefits of this system.”
- St Michael’s Orthodontics – a team of skilled orthodontists led by Catherine McCanny – is based on Dewsbury Road, Wakefield.
- Dr Catherine McCanny has achieved Invisalign Platinum Elite Standard for both the quality of her work and the number of treatments she has performed
- Having graduated from Dental School at Queen’s University, Belfast in 1988, Catherine commenced her specialist training in Orthodontics at Leeds Dental Institute in 1993. She then teamed up with her now-husband, Joe, to build and develop St Michael’s Dental Practice and St Michael’s Orthodontics Ltd, which opened in 1998.
- More recently, Catherine – a member of the British Orthodontic Society – was delighted to win two awards in the 2018 Aesthetic Dentistry Awards.
- In 2015 St Michaels Orthodontics won three awards at the Aesthetic Dentistry Awards including ‘Best Team’.
- For more information about St Michael’s Orthodontics, please go to http://www.stmichaelsorthodontics.co.uk http://invisiblebraces-yorkshire.co.uk
Press release issued by: Carmel Harrison PR, The Plex, Margaret street, Wakefield. For further information, please contact Carmel Harrison on: 01924 632263. Alternatively, email email@example.com