Most orthodontic treatment can be carried out on the NHS for
patients under 18 years of age. However, since April 2006 government
regulations have restricted NHS orthodontic treatment to those cases
considered to have a moderate to severe need for treatment, as
assessed by the Index of Orthodontic Treatment Need.
All of our NHS treatment is carried out to a very high standard.
However, there are limitations for NHS treatment
1) Longer waiting time before treatment can be started
2) Most appointments will be during school hours
3) Limited choice of the type of braces used
For patients who do not meet the criteria for NHS treatment or for
patients who wish to start treatment sooner, we can offer the option
of private treatment.
The advantages of private treatment are:
1) No waiting list for treatment
2) More flexible appointments (after school, early morning or
evening appointments available)
3) Wider choice of braces (i.e. cosmetic or invisible braces) and
the latest ‘time saving’ braces to reduce treatment time and improve
4) All treatment is carried out by a specialist Orthodontist to
ensure continuity of care
5) Treatment will be carried out in our new 'state of the art' private suite.